• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C squeeling

slammed73sb

NAXJA Forum User
my 92 cherokee sport just recently had some A/C work done on it right before i bought it, now when the A/C is on i get a really high pitched squeel......turn off A/C squeel goes away. i was thinking maybe the belt was too tight or something of the sort. anyone have any ideas

I would think it is too loose. Try turning the wheels all the way and see if the additional load of the pump makes the belt squeal as well. This issue has been talked about a lot here. Get a belt gauge and adjust it accordingly. Chances are if the belt was off to work on the a/c and now it squeals, it wasn't tensioned correctly.

Oddly enough, awhile back I had a problem where turning on the a/c made the belt chirp a little, I thought it was the idler pulley or bad belt tension making noise from the additional strain put on by the compressor, 2 days later my water pump literally exploded:mad: .

Back