• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HEI Distributor

jk333

NAXJA Forum User
so i looked at a co. called D.U.I. distributors and they sell GM HEI distributors for any AMC straight six from like 230 cu in to 258 cu. in. anyone ever converted a Renix 4.0 over to HEI ignition. any advantages?:us:

The D.U.I. is a stand alone ignition...for use if you have or have converted to carb intake....

ok thanks, i just was curious about HEI and wondered if it was any benefit to my Jeep:skull1:

jk333 said:
ok thanks, i just was curious about HEI and wondered if it was any benefit to my Jeep:skull1:

For older AMC sixes - it would help. For the 4.0? Comparable. No need to upgrade.

I do know the system you're talking about - I've seen adverts and specs on the DUI system several times before...

markaboo929 said:
I think he wants to know if it would PHYSICALLY bolt in to the 4.0 block.
Curious minds want to know.....................:spin3:

It probably would. There is a lot of parts commonality among the AMC inline sixes. It just wouldn't be worth the swap - IMO.

If it were a 199/232/258 under discussion - I'd do it in a minute! On a 242, it's a lateral move at best.

Back