• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacement 31" tire?

Serveck

NAXJA Forum User
i was not sure which thread this should go into but this one has the most people viewing. i picked up a set of 4 wild country TXR's 31x10.5x15 for only 150$ that was very cheap and could not pass up. 3 of the 4 tires are in great condition with very little tread wear. however, the 4th tire is in bad condition and can only be used for a spare. what i was wondering is which tire i can replace this with? its very hard to find this make in this size. so i was wondering whcih have similar enough tread patterns and debth that i can use to replace this tire. i already have rim's so i just need the tire, i may be able to find one with little tread wear for cheap at the local tire store. thanks.

I wouldn't spend too much time and money trying to make a set out of them. I ran a set on my truck and was very dissapointed with them. I was only able to get 30K miles on them, and they were horrible when it rained and in the mud. It would want to hydroplane every time I hit a puddle.

If you can't find a TXR then you may be better off getting two different tires, and using one of the good TXRs as a spare. Then you could have a matching set on the front and another matching set on the rear. You want to try to keep the tires the same for each axle, especially if you have a limited slip or locker.

Use the bad one for a swing or something.

well thesse wont be for constant use, i have an air compresser with a socket gun so i can change all 4 tires in just a few minutes, thesse will be strictly offroad because my stock road tires are still fine. but they are certainly better than my stock for offroading. so what im looking for is another tire with similar tread for just this use if i cannot find another wild country. thanks.

Back