• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Lift Air Spring ?'s

Beast XJ01

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody got opinions on these? I was thinking of adding them to my 01 after I get my BB installed, following the way GoJeep did his.

I see JC Whitney has them for about $185, AND AN ONBOARD CONTROLLER for about $110

Links:

air lift
G_15933G_SW_1.gif;pv5ede9b7070ed82db

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2005933/p-2005933/N-111+2001+10101+200728794+4294966880/c-10101

controller
G_15941G_SW_1.gif;pv20b99718f600a9a4

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2005941/p-2005941/N-111+2001+10101+200728794+4294966880/c-10101

Beast

I've thought about it on my DD since I use it to tow with. It would be nice to be able to level the ride. The thing is, you can buy some good quality rear springs(OME HD &120 each) for less and still have a good ride when unloaded.

xjtrailrider said:
I've thought about it on my DD since I use it to tow with. It would be nice to be able to level the ride. The thing is, you can buy some good quality rear springs(OME HD &120 each) for less and still have a good ride when unloaded.

Well, we'll see.... I ordered the kit with the controller (the Air Lift brand for $124 instead of $110) and used a 20% off coupon so I got the whole shebang for $273 shipped. It wouldn't let me combine the 20% off with free shipping over $250.

Beast

Did you get a "stock" Air Lift setup meaning for a stock height XJ? Are you lifted? Do you know what the travel of the air bags in that kit are? I am thinking of doing the same thing but I want to make sure the total travel is okay with my lift. I made 2" bumpstop extentions for the rear but I haven't done any measuring to find out what my compressed and extended measurements are yet.

Interested in see what you end up with.

xj_mike said:
Did you get a "stock" Air Lift setup meaning for a stock height XJ? Are you lifted? Do you know what the travel of the air bags in that kit are? I am thinking of doing the same thing but I want to make sure the total travel is okay with my lift. I made 2" bumpstop extentions for the rear but I haven't done any measuring to find out what my compressed and extended measurements are yet.

Interested in see what you end up with.

I ordered standard kit..... and I will have a 2" RE BB lift installed before the air springs..... but I figured If I needed to I could invert the bracket like GoJeep talked about on his site to make up for the lift difference. I likely will not need to, as the standard kit can usually give close to 2 in "lift" before you add weight. GoJeep put longer bags on his and inverted the mount to cover the 4" lift.

Beast

Be careful how you run and mount the fill lines. I tore them off of my PU so many times (California brush), I finally gave up and took all the lines out and filled them at the bag valve.
Though the fill lines do look more robust than what I have.
They actually improved the ride on both my 3/4 ton pickup and my tow truck.

8Mud said:
Be careful how you run and mount the fill lines. I tore them off of my PU so many times (California brush), I finally gave up and took all the lines out and filled them at the bag valve.
Though the fill lines do look more robust than what I have.
They actually improved the ride on both my 3/4 ton pickup and my tow truck.

good advice, I will amke sure to run them high and tight (sounds like I'm giving it a haircut) to avoid snags. Plan on putting thr compressor in the back where the spare used to go.... so I should have a short run for lines.

Glad to hear you had good results in your use.

Beast

Back