• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 2 door Power Window problems

Ben97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My passenger side window has always been slow to roll down & up. But now it is even slower almost not moving and the drivers side window is significantly slower.

Should i replace both window motor or is there another cause of slow windows?

Ben97XJ said:
My passenger side window has always been slow to roll down & up. But now it is even slower almost not moving and the drivers side window is significantly slower.

Should i replace both window motor or is there another cause of slow windows?

Silicone lube on the tracks, rollers, etc. May as well hit the power door locks and linkages while you're in there as well. If it works as a quick & easy fix, great; if not, time to start replacing things. Had to do this on a friend's '96 shortly after he bought it, and the difference it made was amazing.

Yeap, a little silicone spary along the tracks on the window/door frame can help...if it doesn't, you might want to remove the panel and see if anything is loose...

My dad's Olds had a slow window...the problem was that the window itself was not moving straight along door frame tracks...it was hitting against it going up.

After taking the panel off, found that some of the mounting screws/bolts were loose...causing the window to get 'off track'.

Back