• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 cover fit

SnagglePuss

NAXJA Forum User
I got a new thick diff cover installed on my 8.8 build and I'm unsure on the fitment. There is alot of exposed housing seal surface and very little surface under the cover to seal against. Does it look ok?

DSC00591.JPG

DSC00593.JPG

Thanks

Only one way to find out. I don't know how thick the sealing surfaces are.....??

Monday morning Quarterback: I wouldn't have designed the diff cover with that small of a lip....but maybe there is a reason? Maybe it's fine? Again, only one way to find out.

I'm surprised it's cut so small. My ruffstuff one is almost the same size as the housing, minus about an 1/8th or so.

You could shave the housing a bit, but I don't think I'd be comfortable going as far as where the cover starts.

IIRC the 8.8 is a little thin in the oil well area anyways, wouldn't want to grind much. That cover does look a little small though.

I emailed a similar question to Great Lake and got this reply:

"Looks perfect, alot of customers use our covers for the ease of shaing your diff this is the reason for the low profile bolt ring design."

Back