• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 -> 98 glass interchangability??

gte636p

NAXJA Forum User
Yes, I know that the front drivers glass between the '96 and '98 is quite a bit different, but I am faced with needing a piece of glass for the rear vent passenger window in my '98 (working in Norfolk, VA rocks like that). It's a long story, but I've got a '96 that's in the process of being totalled back home and this '98 window looks very similar to the '96 window. Am I smoking crack?? Seeing things?? Outright insane?? Anyone have a tinted window that they want to throw (gently) away or simply let go of for compensation?

But mainly, is the '96 rear passenger vent window (the smaller one) the same piece of glass as the '98?? This would help me out for the time being until i founf one tinted the same shade...

And needless to say:
WTB, '97-'01 tinted rear passenger vent window, that is unless another change was made along the way in those years. Forgive my ignorance, I'm completely new to these here "new" Jeeps.

just a heads up in case someone else is in my shoes. The glass for the 96 and prior years is not the same size as the 97+ years. The 97+ glass is slightly wider than the previous years.

Also, on the 97+ years, theglass is sealed into the channel with adhesive. Whatever remnants of the old glass you may have in there will not come out easily at all.

They are not "interchangable"

gte636p said:
just a heads up in case someone else is in my shoes. The glass for the 96 and prior years is not the same size as the 97+ years. The 97+ glass is slightly wider than the previous years.

Also, on the 97+ years, theglass is sealed into the channel with adhesive. Whatever remnants of the old glass you may have in there will not come out easily at all.

They are not "interchangable"
We just swapped rear quarter glass from a 94 into a 97+ no problem - maybe the rest are different but that piece was interchangeable. . .

Back