• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory alarm

perez

NAXJA Forum User
I got a 91' cherokee with a factory alarm, for the past six months its been sitting on the side of the house while i was in college, when the alarm used to go off i could just lock and unlock it with the key from the pass door and it would disarm it. but now it wont go off and she wont fire up, she cranks and sputters but thats it. seeing if anyones got any ideas

i have a '91 and the alarm was connected to the drivers door lock. with mine at least. if i were to try and disarm mine from the pass. door the alarm would go nutz. i dont know why yours would be the pass. door but mine was the driver, so all i can say is try that.

If I were you, I would follow the link to disable it, then follow these steps to remove the module. Then no more alarm, ever...

You simply:

-Disarm the alarm by either unlocking the driver door, or ground the factory disable wire if your alarm is not functioning correctly (or the tailgate option)

-Unscrew the security module from the backing plate and let it hang down for easy access(The module is located to the right of the steering column w/ 2 screws holding it in place. But at this time do not unplug the main harness, or any adjacent connectors.

-Start the vehicle and let it run for a minute or so.

-Pull the red connector on the module.

-Now turn off the engine, and then disconnect the battery, then turn the ignition switch to start to get rid of any residual.

- Reconnect the battery, and your good to go. Way too easy huh?

Back