• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

some advice

I have 94xj. d30 and 8.25 also. I am running 4.10 gears and love it. But you want answers:

off road mentality: Regear. You are doing it right this way. Your engine will be in the correct rpm range both on and off road. Recommend doing a locker at the same time.

college kid mentality: Bumper and winch. You will look cool and when you go to re-sell it people who know jack shit about romping will give you more for it since it has the bells and whistles.

gears, gears, gears!!! Having the right gear ratio will help you out and with a locker you will be going places that with stock gears and a winch would have been more work. You will be glad that you got gears, especially with the power difference you will notice after running those 33's w/ 3.55's...it is an amazing change. As long as you have a good set of recovery points, you will be able to get by until you get the $$ saved for a winch. There is usually someone around that can give you a tug if your stuck.

definately gears and locker. You will use those daily, where you would only use the winch a handful of times. Better bang for the buck.

Regear! If you don't you'll kick yourself everytime you climb. You can always get the winch/bumper later.
GEARS! You won't regret it.

I did the winch first, and the gears later. But I'm an idiot. Do the gears first. It was the best mod I've done.

Gears first. Otherwise you can use your shiny winch to pull you along when you roast the transmission. 33s on 3.55.....ugh.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

gears first. It will save you money in gas and pratically pay for the gears themselves

Back