• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winch control mounting suggestions

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
so i'm ready to mount up my winch and i am wondering where everyone recommends mounting the controller box. right on top? off to the side? to the grill? to the bumper? there is only about 8-10" of wire to move it around. pic's would be great. Thanks.

here is what i have to work with...
100_1354.jpg

Mounted mine on top of the winch kinda off to the passenger side. Just like the instructions said. I have seen people extend the cables and place the box under the hood close to the battery. They mounted the plug for the hand control on the dash, but that was on a chevy pickup not an XJ. Hope that was helpful.

mine is mounted in the engine compartment. keeps it protected from theives and the elements. all i had to do was switch the wires from the battery to the motor.use the longer ones to go to the motor and the shorter ones to the battery.

Back