• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheels

Jump This

Just another minion!
I need some info on beadlock choices.
The only beadlocks I have ever run are OMF sand buggy types and the last time I looked into thier products they were not built for rock crawling.

What are you running?
Problems?
Suggestions?

(Move this thread to OEM Jes? ;) )

Rick

I believe OMF is getting into the rock crawling business. I seem to remember reading about it recently.

In any case - lots of choices for you:

Champion beadlocks
Allied Wheel
Bassett Wheel
MRW (Marsh racing wheels)
Trail Ready
Poison Spyder Customs
Walker Evans Racing
Eaton
Stocktom Wheel
Hutchinson Wheel
Stazworks

Those are just the ones i can think of off the top of my head. Amongst those choises, prices range from 175.00 to around 425.00 per wheel. You also have a ton of companies offering weld on bead lock kits. Just a couple:

Carman Safety Lock
Great Lakes Off Road
USA 6x6

Those usually run from 50.00 to 75.00 per wheel for the kit.

I am currently running a set of Carman Safety Locks welded to some Rockcrawler steel wheels. It's a pretty easy conversion and they hold up great. I have a set of 17 inch Allied beadlocks that I will be mounting up this week. They are a very well built wheel. One of my buddies runs Trail Ready and he has had zero issues. Another guy runs Stazworks wheels. He's bent two centers already. Stazworks has stood by their product and has good customer service. A recent redesign appears to have fixed the centers. Another friend runs Walker Evans wheels. They are top notch. But you pay accordingly.

Check out Speedway Motors. They offer a kick ass Bassett circle track beadlock wheel for 124.00. It has an XJ pattern and 4 inches of back space. I bet it would work great.

Last edited:
I live by Bassett wheel and stopped in a while ago. I was surpised about how the thickness of the center and rim seemed thin. Their rep told me they where built that way to protect the suspension. He stated it is easier to replace a bent rim after some contact then bent control arms or other suspenion components on a pit stop.

After looking at them I figured I would stick with a rim designed for our use. He reccomended the same thing.

TNT said:
I live by Bassett wheel and stopped in a while ago. I was surpised about how the thickness of the center and rim seemed thin. Their rep told me they where built that way to protect the suspension. He stated it is easier to replace a bent rim after some contact then bent control arms or other suspenion components on a pit stop.

After looking at them I figured I would stick with a rim designed for our use. He reccomended the same thing.

That's very good to know. I was considering a set of those for my XJ. Good thing i didn't order them already. Thanks.

nofender said:
I just saw the hassle you got in the other forum. That's just a shame. Glad i could help.

Its works if you do your best not to be offended by what you read in these forums. Most people here are great guys to wheel with.

Back