• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built 91 XJ SW Indiana - Pics

IllianaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have the opportunity to pick up a newer XJ built similar to mine, but with working A/C and a nicer interior. While most wouldn't care about that, my kids are 2 1/2 and 6 months, and if I want to take them wheelin at all, I need a rig with A/C and a decent interior.

With that said, my 91 is up for sale. If I totalled up all the receipts for parts on this XJ, I'm sure it would be over $10k. I'm not sure what it'll actually go for, but I'm going to start by asking $5500 OBO.

Specs:

Drivetrain:

- 4.0 was stroked to 4.6 by a local shop. I used 4.2L crank and rods, a Crane cam and Mopar everything else. I have the invoice from the shop with all of the details. A/C was converted to OBA, electric fan from a 97+ swapped in.

- AW4 was gone through by Titus Transmissions at the same time, I had them tighten up everything they could to beef it up.

- NP231 w/ Advance Adapters SYE and a chain from a S-10 Blazer.
I also installed a Novak shifter to get rid of the factory linkage, which was worn out. Tom Woods rear shaft.

- Front axle - HP D30 out of a 98 XJ. All new ball joints, rotors, calipers, pads are good. It has been geared to 4.88, open diff. Teraflex histeer with 1 ton Chevy TREs and a JCR RockRod. RE trackbar cut to work with JKS over-the-axle trackbar mount. 1.5" billet wheel spacers to clear histeer knuckle.

- Rear axle - 31 spline Ford 8.8, geared to 4.88, Detriot locker. I have a SOLID diff cover I'll throw in for the right price. Disc brakes, e-brake not hooked up. 2" billet wheel spacers to match front track width.

Suspension:

- Front: 4.5" RE coils + 1 7/8" Daystar spacers. The coils are in pretty bad shape, I have a new set of 5.5" RE coils I'll throw in for the right price. DT3000 shocks, Rusty's adjustable LCAs, stock UCAs. I was going to install a TNT LA kit, but the newer XJ came along, and it will get the LAs. JKS swaybar discos.

- Rear: 4.5" RE full leaf packs, stock shackles, DT3000 shocks. No swaybar.

Armor:

- Front JCR winch bumper (winch not included!!) with 2 D-ring tabs and built in steering box brace.
- Rear JCR Stage 3 bumper + tire carrier with 2 D-ring tabs and a 2" recovery receiver.
- C4x4 rockers.
- Skid Row t'case skid. (not installed currently)
- Rusty's engine/transmission skid. (not installed currently)
- Tomken gas tank skid.
- JKS weld-on LCA skids.
- JCR custom 6 point cage with frame tie-ins.

Interior:

- Normal stock interior w/rollcage.
- Center console cutout for Novak shifter.
- Driver's door window switches relocated to console to enable use after doors removed.
- Custom switch/gauge plate in front of shifter, empty spot in pics was going to be for a air pressure gauge, never got around to installing it. The gauge will come with the Jeep.
- Storage box bolted to floor in rear cargo area.
- Hi-Lift mounted to cage in cargo area.
- Kenwood AM/FM/CD
- Cobra CB (negotiable)
- I have a complete set of grey leather seats from a Country model available if you want.

Exterior:

- A few dents and scratches from trail use, nothing major. Rockers have a little rot, floors are solid.
- Removable doors.
- Con-ferr roof rack w/ rear lights.
- (5) 34x10.50 SS LTBs on stock alloys or 33x12.5 BFG ATs. I would prefer to keep the LTBs for the new XJ, but I will leave that up to the buyer. I have a 5th stock wheel for the spare, just haven't swapped it yet.

I'm sure I have forgotten something. The odometer shows 198K, but the drivetrain has MAYBE 3k on it. The engine/trans only have 2xxx miles and the axles have closer to 3k on them. Basically the only thing original is the body and the interior.

If you think the price is too high, please shoot me a decent offer. I'm willing to deal, but don't lowball me. It is in Vincennes, IN, and transport is up to the buyer. It will do highway, but if you're going a long distance, I'd trailer it.

Pics

HPIM0728.jpg

HPIM0750.jpg

Rest are here to save bandwidth:

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h76/bfourman/XJ/

Please PM me with any questions.

Thanks!!

Asking price includes a bunch of extras -

- Spare set of 8.8 shafts
- Extra center console
- Spare set of taillights
- Set of 4 American Racing alloy wheels
- SOLID diff cover for the 8.8
- Cobra CB
- Full set of grey leather seats if you want them
- Whatever else I have in the shed for the Jeep

Back up, new price of $4900. Going on eBay Sunday night, after that I'm pulling the axles for the new XJ and putting stockers in this one.

Edit: yellowtop is gone, I'll throw in a new Redtop for $5000.

Back