• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yoke for sye?

smilesyota

NAXJA Member #1366
Does anyone know if there is a yoke to use with AA sye kit that would use a normal u-joint, not the cv style shaft. trying to use a non cv driveshaft.

Why? There's plenty of options for CV driveshafts out there, and they've been covered a brazilian times here.

go get yourself a front drive shaft(double cardan) from a xj at the junk yard.It will bolt to your sye.Depending on lift(if any)you may not have to have it lengthened.Cheapest way to go,should cost around $80.00 for the shaft. even after I had mine lengthened it was only about $150.00 total.
A quick search will give you all the info you need.
Oh and do yourself a favor and resist the temptation to buy cheap ujoints if you need to replace them....My cheap ujoints lasted about 6months and 5 trail rides!!Never again....

Last edited:
Why not a cv shaft?
Making a custom non cv shaft with a slider in it seems rather expensive for no benefit. What problem are you trying to address by not having a cv joint?

I dont need a cv in the rear with only 3 to 4 inches of lift. I have spare front shafts already. front shaft are only 25$ in the yards here. I would like the simplest and most dependable setup, a cv shaft also weighs more. Ive rear alot of the posts here. Do you think a dana 44 yoke would work?

This is dumb.
If your not going to use a double cardan shaft, why spend the bucks for a SYE?
The whole idea of a SYE is to lenghten the drive shaft, and reduce the operating angles of the ujoints there by reducing the potential for vibrations. A double cardan D.S. does exactly that. And the SYE allows it to be longer.

Why do you want a single u-joint drive shaft with a slip yoke?

Buy a vowel.

One of the reasons for a sye is a streanth upgrade. The other is to use a longer shaft, and also if you break the rear you can drive on the front without leaking all your fluid out. If you dont know of any yoke that will work just say so. Thats all I'm looking for is yoke info not personal opinions. Thanks.

smilesyota said:
Thats all I'm looking for is yoke info not personal opinions. Thanks.

Yeah, what ever. Build your mall crawler. Have fun.

Name says it all "smilesyota" sounds like you belong on the "YOTA" forum asking to do something foolish like that. We try to upgrade here not downgrade. As Daffy pointed out SYE are meant to use a double carden joint and if you wanted a single carden joint then why install a SYE in the first place? A single carden is going to vibrate your a$$ off. But its your junk so do as you want. Or post up on the Yota forum.

I'm running 3 inches of lift with 35's I dont need alot of movement from the rear shaft. but I see no one can answer my original question, all you can do is hate!

trust me there is nothing to hate....go back to your yota forums.You come on here asking stupid ass questions and we are haters for trying to help you out and set you straight??

quote:
"I would like the simplest and most dependable setup"

We have told you the best setup to run with a sye....what more do you want?hasta

Last edited:
Back