• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire/Lift decision

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
Right now I"am at 3.5" and 31" tire. Been kicking the idea around of adding enough lift to fit 32" tires. Its my DD still running stock 3.55's. Would going to 32" be worth it?

you don't even need to lift it more.
just trim!
there's some great write ups on some really good looking trims if you're worried about the looks.

mho = no, leave it where it's at. are you seeing people w/ 32s going places u can't? prob not too much. also, 32s w/ 3.55s is gonna suck as per popular opinion, and your DD will be stopping more often for gas.

as u know, to fit 32s ur gonna have to go up to ruffly 4" or a lil more. i'm at 4.5 right now and plan to bring her back down to 3" b/c the feedback from the front end when hitting bumps around town is jarring (imho) and i don't want to go the drop-bracket route. i'm also having an issue with front drive shaft vibes above 65mph b/c of the necessary angle induced to get the castor set to something reasonable to avoid death wobble...

just my experience, ymmv

As said above....don't lift more, just trim to fit. I have 5.5 inches of lift and run 35's, with 3.5 inches and the right sawzall work, 32's is a breeze.

Acceleration will suck, mileage will suck.

you can run less lift for 32's.

here is my 3" and 32's trimmed with relocated flares back in the day. i got decent gas milage around 16/17 mpg, and acceleration didnt suck much at all, sure it's a little slower, but not horrendous. (3:55's)

1fad1ad0.jpg

Back