• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Combo For Me??

Nova Wake

NAXJA Forum User
Well i know its been gone over before but forums are here for that, anyways i do mild off-roading to get to my fishing spots and camping, and my little lift may not cut it for much longer, i do plan on going to a three inch lift and 31s, What are the better more complete lifts available? Also i do onroad driving very frequently but need a tire that can handle snow, mud, water, mainly on road and occatinal off-roading. Also can i use my "stock" rims(pic below, there from prev owner no idea what they are)? sorry its to dark to get a better pic today, if needed tomarrow i will.
myjeep2.jpg

Rubicon Express has a 3.5 inch lift for around $610. It has everything you'll need to go that big except an SYE (if needed). If you plan on making it your DD i'd go for some good shocks like the OME Nitrochargers, I have them on my '87 and they ride great. For tires i'd say it depends on how serious you want to go. I run 31" Pro Comp X-Terrains (the directional one) and they handle great in every condition. You should be able to run a 31 inch tire on your wheel with no big problems, except maybe the tire rubbing on something at full lock. Just my $.02!

If it is gonna be mostly your DD and you want a great ride on road you can get a OME kit for JO.com for a good price

OME 3"
http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=429

I have the RE 3.5" SF kit from JeepinOutfitters.com and I love it. Great offroad and I have no complaints on road. It is a very complete kit for a good price. I run 31x10.5 MT's with no rubbing whatsoever.

RE 3.5" SF
http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=115

The RE kit will give you more lift than advertised though so be wary of that. I got about 4 1/4 give or take a bit. Like I said though, no complaints.

yea you can use those rims as long as you dont go any wider than a 10.50 wide tire.
You will have to adjust your steering stops out a bit to counter rubbing on the lca's

Mine pretty much serves the same purpose as yours. I installed an RE 3.5". No issues, vibes or any problems. Buy your lift directly from RE. I run 31x10.50 FC 2's on 15x8 steelies w/3.5" backspacing. I got the wheel s and tires mounted, balanced and delivered to my door for $700.00. (Tirepackage.com) I've been real happy with the whole thing.

CJ's98XJ said:
Mine pretty much serves the same purpose as yours. I installed an RE 3.5". No issues, vibes or any problems. Buy your lift directly from RE. I run 31x10.50 FC 2's on 15x8 steelies w/3.5" backspacing. I got the wheel s and tires mounted, balanced and delivered to my door for $700.00. (Tirepackage.com) I've been real happy with the whole thing.

Why? I got mine from JO.com with free shocks/discos/shipping. A lot cheaper than if I would have bought it directly from RE.

Back