• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check out these hood vents

CJ's98XJ said:
Try your local junk yard for the hood vents from a Chrysler Lebaron turbo.

Thanks for the tip. I'm aware of the labaron scoops. I was curious if anyone has tried these. The price is great and if you search around on ebay they run even cheaper.

I can't tell how these would mount. I would be afraid to cut holes in my hood just to cover them with a scoop held on by double sided tape.

Those look like a stick on fake, like the now-popular side vents every ghetto person out there is sticking to their front fenders. Beware what you buy on ebay.

They sell ones that look exactly the same here. Problem was that if you did cut them out so they weren't fake, ( the ad does say you need to do this ) the first really hot day ,combined with engine heat, made them sag. They were then replaced with ones they were not fake to start with and came off a car that was OE.

Don't waste you're money on these! Go to the boneyard and buy the whole Lebaron hood with the vents and have the part of the Lebaron hood with the splash pans welded into your stock hood so you can just bolt the vents to that, plus they'll look decent and help direct the water into a funnel off to the side on the engine compartment.

Has anybody ever tried spacing the hood hinges up maybe an inch, creating an air gap for engine compartment ventilation?

I just picked up a set of vents off the front of an 86 Trans Am, they mount using hardware that is actually on the vent instead of the hood, so install looks to be easy. The paint on them is drying now, I will get soe picks up once they are on

wolfpackjeeper said:
I just picked up a set of vents off the front of an 86 Trans Am, they mount using hardware that is actually on the vent instead of the hood, so install looks to be easy. The paint on them is drying now, I will get soe picks up once they are on

I wanna see pix. There's a whole messload of the t/a's at the JY over here

TIMEBOMB said:
Has anybody ever tried spacing the hood hinges up maybe an inch, creating an air gap for engine compartment ventilation?
I tried that but later reversed it because the radiator smells bad when it gets hot and that smell came right into my vents and into the car.

Back