• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans Creek - Jul 5th

pSYChedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Me, Matt (IXNAYXJ), and Adam (Adamusmc2002) decided to make the most of a free afternoon today. We ran 197, 198, then on to 311a. Weather was amazing, trails were pretty dry; what a blast! I brought my dad along for the ride to show him what Jeepin is all about....

CIMG1415.JPG

CIMG1450.JPG

CIMG1475.JPG

CIMG1424.JPG

CIMG1481.JPG

CIMG1484.JPG

Rest of the pics here.

- Jay

Cool! Looks like a good trip. I'd like to get my dad to go with me one of these days. He'd love it.

How did your dad like it?

Last edited:
Megawatt said:
Cool! Looks like a good trip. I'd like to get my dad to go with me one of these days. He'd love it.

How did your dad like it?
He dropped the f-bomb ("This is f-ing awesome!) about 5 minutes into 197, then had to drink a beer to "take the edge off" after some of the more gnarly parts.:scared:
All in all, he had a blast and was amazed what our Jeeps can do.

- Jay

pSYChedXJ said:
He dropped the f-bomb ("This is f-ing awesome!) about 5 minutes into 197, then had to drink a beer to "take the edge off" after some of the more gnarly parts.:scared:
All in all, he had a blast and was amazed what our Jeeps can do.

- Jay

Mine was the same way taking him over the Naches Pass trail last year. I'm just glad he wasn't on our November trip in the snow....the weatherman was having a rough time of predicting things. ;)

Loved these pics what a day! Have a bit of a noob question. In the section on the link below all you guys take a line real close to the bottom of the slope. Is that to minimize the chance of rolling or were you all just wanting to enjoy flexing? It is hard to tell from the photos but it looks like you could take a slightly higher line. Am just wondering because I REALLY do not want to roll my Cherokee.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jaypsu/EvansCreekJuly5th2007/photo#5083956517636919442

There's actually two lines through that section. It "Y"s right there at the tree on the left side in that picture. The line that they're taking is the more challenging of the two and you purposely stick way down in that rut. If you try and go high, you slide down into the rut and cause more damage than if you just start low and rub a little like pictured. There's no chance of rolling on that trail or most places in Evans Creek unless you get really stupid.

J

nickguy said:
Loved these pics what a day! Have a bit of a noob question. In the section on the link below all you guys take a line real close to the bottom of the slope. Is that to minimize the chance of rolling or were you all just wanting to enjoy flexing? It is hard to tell from the photos but it looks like you could take a slightly higher line. Am just wondering because I REALLY do not want to roll my Cherokee.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jaypsu/EvansCreekJuly5th2007/photo#5083956517636919442

Looks like a good time guys!!!
Jay, thats funny about your dad. Tuesday I took my Mom and Aunt who is visiting from Cali to Walker and ran Upper and Lower mainline, plus the Expressway. They were both the same way. "No way We're going through that" was the quote of the day.
-Ryan

Edit: you guys should have struck the Captain pose in the one of the three of you in front of your jeeps:D

Hey Matt !! That's a nice license plate hanger you have there! :eeks1:

John90XJ said:
I'm just glad he wasn't on our November trip in the snow....the weatherman was having a rough time of predicting things. ;)

Those damn weathermen!!

sm1504.jpg

- Jay

nickguy said:

That was my jeep that you referenced :) And to answer your question, no, we didn't just stay close for flexing, it actually got more dug out, and when matt tried to stay high, he crushed his rear quarter panel, before the THOR guards. I stayed right on the tree, and got minimal damage. Like John (Avanteone) said, we could have gone right, up the steeper rock, but unless it's wet, the rock is the easier way. But yes, it does provide some crazy flex, I think we all pulled the drivers side front tire off the ground, and possibly the rear passenger.

Yeah, with most spots at Evans, rolling isn't a concern, because there is something right there next to you to crash into :) Actually, you're usually scraping against it already, so you can't roll. If you haven't been up there, take some time to decide if you want to risk body damage, cuz if you don't, don't go to Evans. It's possible to make it unscathed, but only if you've been through there and know what lines to take.

Hope this helps.

adamusmc2002 said:
I will post my pics up later today, or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow, cuz I'm goin to see Kenny (Chesney) tonight at Quest field!

Sweeet. We'll be in Seattle as well tonight. Open top-shelf bar at the space needle for a wedding ;)

J

adamusmc2002 said:
Yeah, with most spots at Evans, rolling isn't a concern, because there is something right there next to you to crash into :) Actually, you're usually scraping against it already, so you can't roll. If you haven't been up there, take some time to decide if you want to risk body damage, cuz if you don't, don't go to Evans. It's possible to make it unscathed, but only if you've been through there and know what lines to take.

Hope this helps.

it funny you say this because when I was up there last weekend 2 of the 3 yota's were bobbed, with the last being a long bed. The only person to not get any damage that day was the long bed yota. He just got his truck and has only been there 3 times. I was amazed he made it through 197 without touching anything.

I, too, will be at the kenny concert tonight.

adamusmc2002 said:
I will post my pics up later today, or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow, cuz I'm goin to see Kenny (Chesney) tonight at Quest field!

Bastard I wanted tickets to that but couldn't get em.

noutlawjeeper said:
it funny you say this because when I was up there last weekend 2 of the 3 yota's were bobbed, with the last being a long bed. The only person to not get any damage that day was the long bed yota. He just got his truck and has only been there 3 times. I was amazed he made it through 197 without touching anything.

I, too, will be at the kenny concert tonight.

Well, you don't have to take my word for it, but those are yotas, and we drive cherokees. If you can get through Evans without damage, good on ya.

adamusmc2002 said:
Well, you don't have to take my word for it, but those are yotas, and we drive cherokees. If you can get through Evans without damage, good on ya.

I wasn't trying to say it's not true, but point out the irony of it. I definetly came home with my share of new dents and dings.

Back