• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio Question

OSUBauer

NAXJA Forum User
I pulled my stock radio out tonight and when I pulled off the trim bezel I found the stereo just sitting on top of the A/C controls. It was not screwed into the dash at all. Is there supposed to be a sleeve that it slides into to support it? I'm going with an aftermarket replacement but I did'nt know if I was missing a mounting bracket or something.

Thanks

There's supposed to be a mounting bracket on most OEM head units just to keep them from flopping around. You generally can't use it with aftermarket, tho.

However, most autosound-type shops will carry a "mount kit" that should apply to you - there are usually about six part numbers total (each one covers Gawd-knows-how-many vehicles!) and you just take out the bits you need, cut where the instructions tell you to, and recycle the rest. Should run you about $15-20, most places.

5-90

When I bought the jensen am/fm/cd/bluetooth unit from cardomain for my 98 they included a mounting kit that fit the security sleeve for the headunit.

Back