• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going wheelin

5.9cummins

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure where but I would like to go some time between fri- sund. I thought about Elbe. Never been there before. Is anyone going out anywhere?

No plans right now, need to change water pump and find bad sensor. Where do you wheel in your area? You only live 10 to 15 miniuts away from me, was wondering if you know of anywhere else besides Rockcandy or Stedman around here?

XJLaredo said:
No plans right now, need to change water pump and find bad sensor. Where do you wheel in your area? You only live 10 to 15 miniuts away from me, was wondering if you know of anywhere else besides Rockcandy or Stedman around here?

Nothing fantastic at Rockcandy. Small hill climbs and a few ruts. I did find a hill that I'm not sure I'll take the jeep up. It is vey, very step. A few wrong moves and you could be rolling down the hill. Its not to long just step as hell. It gives ya a workout just walking up it.

Never been to Stedman. I thought about going to Tahuya. Its fairly close and has a 6.7 mile 4x4 trail. I heard its pretty easy. Other then that, I have no idea. Do you have any ideas on where to go. Do you want to go?

5.9cummins said:
A few wrong moves and you could be rolling down the hill. Its not to long just step as hell. It gives ya a workout just walking up it.
It's the ones you can't walk up that become a challenge. ;) I'd skip Elbe unless you're familair with it or are an experienced wheeler. Tahuya might be a good place to start; like you said it's relatively easy, but you can always find challenges:

CIMG0431.jpg

CIMG0432.jpg

-----Matt-----

That hill looks familiar(cough, flat tire, cough).:gag:

We should hook up sometime after i fix the jeep and put in the Powertrax.

Jamez.

XJLaredo said:
That hill looks familiar(cough, flat tire, cough).:gag:
Hmmm, that's funny: I don't remember seeing you come up that hill. All I remember is a white blur and a bang as you broke the sound barrier.... :D

On second thought, that might just have been the sidewall on the MT/R exploding.

-----Matt-----

:doh:

:laugh3:

Back