• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LOGO

Thank you, I had asked MrsGoodburbon to get to work on a few prototypes, but she got distracted and made us family T-shirts instead.

I think the logo is a fine project but the wording is a long was from being cast in stone yet. So work on something with an XJ on it but wording to be added when it is finalized.

ok guys.. here are some rough drafts... strictly preliminary... i'm not real happy with the middle of the tire and even less happy with the way the text (states) on the tire looks... trying for that BFG lettering look...

and comments constructive or whatever welcome...

TXLAlogo2.jpg

TXLAlogo.jpg

rokclimbertx said:
ok guys.. here are some rough drafts... strictly preliminary... i'm not real happy with the middle of the tire and even less happy with the way the text (states) on the tire looks... trying for that BFG lettering look...

and comments constructive or whatever welcome...

TXLAlogo2.jpg

Thats great! Maybe you could wrap the names like on a real tire? Awsome work:clap:

You're heading in the right direction. How about the four state picture as a background maybe?

I suck at creativity though. Are those about the colors you're wanting to use?

Last edited:
wow... good ideas everyone...

JayVT... getting the text to wrap at the right degree isn't too hard but getting the right font and bevel is a lot of hit & miss... like the simple TX LA example, i find it hard to read... but there's a combination that will work, just have to find it...

Big Daddy... i really like the idea of the state flags instead of text... look for that in the next versions...

Dirt... i've been looking for a good picture of the 4 state area to use which may replace the XJ in the middle... i have smaller XJ's to use like bullet points between text on the sidewall just to keep the jeep on there... edit: good map but i'll need one with better state borders but that's definitely on track... i give google images a work out tonite...

Higgs... great idea and definitely the toughest to get done but i like it and will experiment and see what happens...

gimme a few days/end of the week to get back with some revisions

BIgDaddyChia said:
I like the second one. What about doing that with all 4 flags and then once a chapter name is decided we can put that in place.

I definitely agree. Working the state flags was a great idea, so if we can get all 4 flags then I'd vote for that one in a heartbeat.

Or we could kick Oklahoma and Arkanasas out and stick with it as it is! ;)

goodburbon said:
I prefer the second one as well. Work the other flags and chapter names in there and I'm in.

Hmm...I'm having second thoughts about that. Has anyone SEEN the Arkansas and Oklahoma state flags? Yikes...

http://www.50states.com/flag/arflag.htm
http://www.50states.com/flag/okflag.htm

Not to bash anyone's state, but those flags just don't look like a WHOLE lot of thought went into them.

Maybe if we could take the symbols out of the LA, AR, and OK flags and overlay them onto the Texas Flag?

Back