• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dodge coil springs

74charger

NAXJA Forum User
will 95 stock 3/4 ton coils and shocks go into my 99xj? this is my first time going to the modified section of the site. I'm really only going for 2-3" right now, but I'm thinking about the future. thanks!

Just use Ford Thunderbrd coil springs, from like a 89-97 t-bird with a v-6.
Its a WAY better ride than those 3/4 ton spings. do a SEARCH and you'll find all the info on the coils.
The spring rate is variable between 220-270 LBS, its a perfect ride.

Last edited:
The dodge coils are freaking stiff. Hope you like rough riding heeps. I like he Skyjacker 8" coils, but I have been forced to use custom deaver coils and leaves because of a heavy drivetrain.

If you want a cheap ROUGH ride the Dodge coils would be the way to go. But if you want a good flexible, comfortable ride try the T-bird or a 2WD F150 set.

mikeforte said:
If you want a cheap ROUGH ride the Dodge coils would be the way to go. But if you want a good flexible, comfortable ride try the T-bird or a 2WD F150 set.

even the 2wd springs are gonna have a 400+LBS coil spring rate...

SEARCH (like i said EARLIER)
There's a whole thread with all the details and how to!

Don't have the specs but have seen both the F150 coils used and the 4X4 springs seemed a much harsher ride. I have not seen the T-bird spring used but have heard that they ride better than the OEM ride was. Again no specs in front of me just second hand knowledge on the T-bird coils.

i have v8 thunderbird springs, they ride great and gave me about a 4" lift. make life easier and also take the isolator on top of the ford spring and just drill it to go over your bumpstop....

v8 coils and s10 leafs... go for it, you wont be disapointed.

search this forum for those write ups, there greeaaat.

by the way wasnt that easier than {click} search
{click} "go"
Read, read, read.
decipher bs from truth...
blah, blah, blah
distraction
blah, blah

thanks green lantern, you answered my question no matter how many other people asked it.

MountainRhino said:
by the way wasnt that easier than {click} search
{click} "go"
Read, read, read.
decipher bs from truth...
blah, blah, blah
distraction
blah, blah

thanks green lantern, you answered my question no matter how many other people asked it.

Listen smart @$$ theres a reason i said to search.
It's a little harder than you think thats why I said SEARCH.
You have to read up on the differnt coil types, different spring rates, different ways to mount them in because of thier design, it's not all blah, you need to know the stuff thats out there and stop expecting people to hand it over to you on a silver plate!
USE THE SEARCH!
You thinks its great seeing the same question being asked 5x's a week?!
NO!

and yes, jill kelly is hot.
check out www.jillkelly.com

Back