• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jack stands

Racr12

NAXJA Forum User
i'm new here but am about to do my lift. i need to know how tall the jack stands need to be to let the axle droop enough for the build. i will only be lifting 3 1/2 inches.
thanks for any help.

Should be. Did my lift on a frame lift but can be done with a standard set of jack stands from the pictures on different threads. With the wheels off it doesn't have to be too high.

I just installed my 3.5 lift with a cheapie Auto Zone 2ton floor jack/jackstand kit. I did not measure how high the jackstands went, but they are not beefy at all.

I did not have any problems.

I have a question about jacking up a Cherokee.
Where do you support the XJ, frame, axles or both.
Front axle left side doesn't have enough room for a jack stand.

4lna61u.jpg

so whats the right way to do it? put the floor jack under the diff, jack it up, then place the jack stands under the 'frame'? the front diff is off centered and seems like it wouldnt jack straight up. is that the case?

That sounds good. You can always, put one jackstand under the driver side, and one under passenger side, then level out the passenger one. High-lifts help a lot.

If you are removing the control arms, then place the jack stands on the frame rails,just behind the mount.This will allow for the most droop.
Wayne

Racr12 said:
so whats the right way to do it? put the floor jack under the diff, jack it up, then place the jack stands under the 'frame'? the front diff is off centered and seems like it wouldnt jack straight up. is that the case?
I ground out a small crescent shape on the lift plate of my jack and I put that on the right lip of the center section and it lifts almost straight.

TheEddie said:
That doesn't look too stable.. was it? :laugh3:
E-brake, in gear with the tires blocked level ground.Two toyotas. the forks were on my frame supports. :D

Yes is is a bit un nerving to jack it up right next to the pumpkin but, I always go way high and put 4x4 under the rails just behind the LCA mount and then the stand. Distribution of force across a larger area then what typical jack stands provide.

Do the same thing in the rear just ahead of the front spring mount.

TheEddie said:
That doesn't look too stable.. was it? :laugh3:
hell yeah, those rocks that are used as on the back wheels as wheel chucks balance it out :D

Back