• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Pitman with 3" lift?

zeke2230

NAXJA Forum User
All,

searched, but couldn't get anything but a fuzzy idea on whether or not a new Drop Pitman Arm was necessary on a 3" lift. Saw plenty on 4+" lifts. Thoughts?

While I'm at it here's what's been done and wouldn't mind feedback on what to still do: 2000 XJ, TC drop, 3" lift, new Ball joints, Axle U-Joints, Hub/Bearings, HD Tie Rod on order... XJ has 167K on it and is DD. Any thoughts on necessities for moderate wheeling?

Thanks.

S

Nope. Shouldn't be a problem, although the first time you go to flex it and droop the passenger tire fully I would just look at it to make sure you're not maxing out the TRE. With the shock length you're probably running it shouldn't be a big deal though.

Rocker protection?

Did you get an adjustable TrackBar with that lift? or are you still running the stock one?

Generally you are ok with your stock pitman arm. When your draglink and trackbar are no longer parallel, that's when you have to look at getting parts to re-align them...

Still running Stock TB. Did the TB relocation bracket. Not sure when I'll go higher in lift and didn't want to buy an adjustable TB for up to 3" and then replace it with one for more lift.... unless someone knows of a high quality TB that will accomodate 3" now and up to 5" later...

Haven't gotten protection yet. Wanted to finish the upgrades before I put more on. Thanks for the advice.

S

TNT Customs makes a TB for between 3-5 inches of lift....its pretty awesome...

RE #1600 says it is good for 2.5"-5.5" of lift.

zeke2230 said:
Still running Stock TB. Did the TB relocation bracket. Not sure when I'll go higher in lift and didn't want to buy an adjustable TB for up to 3" and then replace it with one for more lift.... unless someone knows of a high quality TB that will accomodate 3" now and up to 5" later...

Haven't gotten protection yet. Wanted to finish the upgrades before I put more on. Thanks for the advice.

S

Back