• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what fits?

sadrifter58

NAXJA Forum User
Is there any other make, chevy etc. wheels that will fit the xj. and did the xj ever come with 16" rims. reason im asking is I have a set of 31" bfg mt"s from another rig I had, but there 16"s. just lookin for some stock wheels that look better for now.

Jeep wheels came in 16's on both XJ and TJ's. Cragar soft 8's if you want steel, AEV if you have deep pockets.

Older mustangs had the same bolt pattern, as well as many other ford cars and trucks. Just look for something with 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern with about 5" backspacing.

Bronco II, Ranger, and Exploder wheels fit but may have the wrong backspacing. I have some custom wheels on one of my XJs now that came off of my son's Bronco. They stick out a bit farther than stock, but are still under the flares. The center may need to be opened up a bit with a grinder - some of the wheels are a tight fit, especially on the rear axle. This has been discussed many times before on NAXJA.

Back