• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring!

89HEEP

NAXJA Forum User
i have an 89 4dr that i swapped the motor trans and t-case froma 94 into...4.0l, ax-15, np231, and i swapped the engine harness computer and everything in the engine bay, and also now everything under the dash, and now i have no power to my fuel pump...ne body help?

Do you get a buzz from the pump when first turning the key, then nothing after that? Or nothing at all? Fuel pump relay is computer controlled, you could always pull the relay out of its socket and apply power to the output pin, or power the coil side of the relay, then work from there.

well..when i turn the key i get everything BUT the fuel pump turning on...and since i put the 94 wire harness in it, both harnesses i should say, my dash is out right now...but sine i did that all the wires from the 94 harness aren't all compatible w/the 89 one's that go towards the rear of the vehicle and are mounted right on the drivers side left inside fender, not far from the fuse block on the inside of the vehicle, there's a gray connector and a black connector and the gray on i believe is all the rear lts...brake lts tail lts..etc...and the blakc one is the one that if i put 12 volts to the right connector..i can make the fuel pump come on...but its not going through the relay, so it has no regulation? and it just runs and runs, i can fire it up and it'll run fine and rev up and everything as long as i keep that 12 volts right to that terminal of that connector...so...i need to hook it up to something, but the wire that went to the fuel pump in the 94 harness...isn't clicking on and off w/the relay? so...idk if this is the right wire that i need to hook it to...also...i wasn't sure ifmaybe the whole fuel pump regulation thing had something to do w/maybe the fuel lines being on backwards?? idk..kind of a hard bunch of questions i know but maybe somebody knows of some 94 and also some 89 wiring diagrams or schematics somewhere on the net here??? i think that would REALLY help and be much appreciated...thanks!

Back