• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

That's it, I give up

TheWarWagon

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking around, and went so far as going to the dealership in search of an exhaust manifold gasket. The dealer said it's going to take at least a week, and every parts house I go to doesn't carry it. Does anyone have an exhaust manifold gasket for an '89 4.0? I'm dyin here, and I'm going to try to slip my Jeep in during the swap party at Grant's on Saturday. Well, after Johnny's is done of course..... :D

Curt got one for his Comanche at Autozone. They should have them in stock.

Geez - Felpro and Victor/Reinz aren't available locally for you?

I get pretty much any gasket I need from Felpro consistently, and that's going to a local parts house!

Fel-Pro #MS93680. Fits 1987-1990 AMC/Jeep/Eagle 242ci (4.0L) inline six. Combination manifold gasket (one gasket services both manfiolds.)

Aplication data taken directly from Fel-Pro box I had on my desk (gasket installation went without a hitch...)

5-90

I have one in the garage, brand new, but do not remember what year it was for. Can check tomorrow if interested

Xjman1 said:
I have one in the garage, brand new, but do not remember what year it was for. Can check tomorrow if interested

Please. If not, I'm pretty much dead in the water. Unless the local napa has one, but the one in Corona blows for parts.

Bryce, the local Autozone has the Felpro in stock for $16.99.

If you can't find one, let me know and I'll go by and pick one up for you.

xjohnnyc said:
Bryce, the local Autozone has the Felpro in stock for $16.99.

If you can't find one, let me know and I'll go by and pick one up for you.

I'm going to call the only one that I haven't checked yet.

Jump This said:
Its nice having friends isn't it! :D

10-4. I found one at the JotoZone in Norco that said they didn't have one yesterday. It's amazing what talking to a different person will do. Oh, just you guys wait and see how mangled my hood is from attempting to install my LeBaron hood vents in a hurry......:roflmao:

patience young grasshoppa. never rush a job....especially one that blows

TheWarWagon said:
Oh, just you guys wait and see how mangled my hood is from attempting to install my LeBaron hood vents in a hurry......:roflmao:

pics please! Also I hope you painted them, the gold color is not very cute.

Back