• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front D44 measurement request

MJ_Chubs

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone who has swapped a Waggy 44 front or HPD44 cut down to use '80-'92 Waggy shafts:

Will you measure the visible length of axle tube on both the passenger and driver side (distance between inner C and housing edge) and post up or PM me the numbers?

I have a kingpin HPD44 housing (housing only, no carrier, shafts, etc.) that I'm cutting down to use Waggy shafts and ball-joint knuckles. I've measured the difference in dimensions of the knuckles and I THINK I know how much I'll need to cut off. I just wanted to double-check my measurements with someone who's done this.

Thanks.

Brent

I'd measure mine but I cut a bunch of the cast housing off to fit the brackets on. Especialy the cast in spring perch.

You may be better off measuring it yourself on someones GW to account for the difference in housing size.

Find a carrier and get a set of waggy shafts and measure the shafts. Then measure from the the spider gears towards the knuckles and mark the distance based on the waggy shafts. This way you wont have to worry about somebody fudging slightly on the dimensions. I measured off a set of shafts when I cut down my housing and I know for a fact that everything works with out any clearance issues. I think something like this falls into the category of if you want it done right, do it yourself. If you still really want dimensions I will get the tape measure out tomorrow.

AARON

Back