• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear flex...need more

sigguy

NAXJA Forum User
Right now i have skyjacker 5.5" leafs with some 6.5" long shackles and 12" travel shocks in the stock location. I do not have that much downtravel. Its like the rear binds way before the sock is maxed out or even 3 " from maxing out. The up travel I limited so I would not bottom out the shocks. Ive tried greasing the busings. The leaf sping bolts were torqued down after the weight of the jeep was on them.

What springs would be better the rubicon express or the rockkrawler? Or would it be wise to just save and get the rock krawler coil over system? This is also a daily driver.

6.5" Shackle?

What shackles are they?

If you want real flex out of the rear the best option is going to coils. Being a Daily driver I would not recommend it unless you got a good disco and rear sway bar

olympic4x4tech said:
deavers would work for more travel.

x2.
If you're more on a budget my 2nd choice would be atlas.

They are a modified camburg ranger shackle. I just think that the bushings are not allowing the front of the leaf to twist as much as the rear and its binding up. Not a big fan of poly bushings.

shackles sit about an 80 deg angle. Whats this move the upper mount forward. Like the top shackle mount? The shackle never hits the shackle cup.

I am having the same problem with flex, my front end does 90% of the work, I dont need 50/50 but at least 70/30 would be better. I am looking into relocating the shackle mounts down and forward.......and one have any write ps or info on doing this????

I'm running about a 45* angle and I get more flex than I did before, but the rubber still stops everything from moving too much since it's attached to the steel sleeve in the bushing and doesn't pivot around it. Even all flexed out my shackle hasn't moved as much as I'd like. Poly would pivot but would still bind because it wouldn't allow as much side-to-side motion.

S-10 leaves with the center pin hole redrilled and bolted up to the stock locations. Rear bumper has to be clearanced for it, but not with the c-rok rear bumper I have. I used a JKS boomerang shackle in conjunction with it.

Back