• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some advice

So here's the deal, I am about to come into some cash in the next month and can't decide what to do with my jeep. I am trying to keep the budget in the $2000-2600 range. It is a 96 2wd, currently I have the Rusty's BB and 31's on the stockers. Tires suck so they have to go, a few too many rubs on the lca's. Here is my problem: do I want to go big with the lift and tires now or do I want to convert to 4wd and do like a 3 inch lift for now. I am more into desert than crawling... but I don't like getting stuck : P Any advise would be much appreciated

first get a dana 30 hp from a junkyard and the np231 4wd t-case (and shafts and blah bla bla), then id say a 4.5, definately some uppers (if they dont come with the kit). some longer brake lines (off a wrangler will do) then throw on some 33's with 4.56's. with a 4.5 inch lift you can go anywhere, IF you get the spring packs. then you can get longer coils later and a longarm conversion and longer shackles in the rear. plus with the 33s not only will it look good, but you wont have to worry about gettin stuck. if you do it all yourself youd stay in that range probably, but if not, forget about it, just doin the 4wd conversion youd be out lol

Back