• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar bracket???

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone make a track bar bracket for this bar?

Thats the track bar that comes with the RE 4.5 sf kit and I need a new bracket. Or is there a HD end I can put on this one to use with the bracket? I dont really want to buy a new HD track bar because I just got my kit and mine is pretty new.

I went to RE to get a few parts and asked the same thing. I wanted to upgrade but wanted to save a little and use my old bar.

He said that the bar diamentions were different as the mounting location is placed differently. He said you could probably get the HD bracket and drill out the holes and get a bolt to use the hiem. the Jonny joints they have that would fit the mentioned track bar are too small for the bracket, another reason the HD bar is needed.

I would say to bite the bullet and get an HD bracket and TB.

Do you need the axle end or the frame end?

The rod end on the frame end is designed to bolt to your factory trackbar bracket after you drill a 5/8 hole and you use a bolt and spacers to put it in.

The other end is designed to fit into your stock axle bracket under the coil spring mount.

Do you have something non-standard that you need a custom bar for?

i dont think the hd track bar will work without drop brackets or longarms because the axle is moved forward with the drop brackets and long arms it has different bends than the track bar you have you can get the hd track bar bracket and redrill it to 5/8 to work with your track bar

XJensen said:
he wants to avoid the hiem joint and upgrade to the hd bracket with the same bar he has, instead of having to buy the new bracket and the bar.

I thought maybe he was just confused on how to mount the bar on a bracket originally designed for the stock TRE.

jason said:
i dont think the hd track bar will work without drop brackets or longarms because the axle is moved forward with the drop brackets and long arms it has different bends than the track bar you have you can get the hd track bar bracket and redrill it to 5/8 to work with your track bar
It works with any lift 3" or more!

I think your all confused haha, I was wondering if I could replace my heim joint on the adjustable track bar that came with my kit with one of the HD ends so I could use the HD track bar bracket. If that makes any more sense.

I drilled out the hd bracket to work with the re1600 and the heim joint. I cant remember if i had to cut down the misalignment spacers. It works fine with long arms and 7" lift. Just make sure you get good hardware grade 8 flat washers and a grade c lock nut. Ive seen too many people cheap out when it comes to the washers and nuts.

my bad when i upgraded to the drop brackets ,hd track bar bracket, and brace the heim jointed trackbar would not work for me this was at 4 1/2" it would not go into the bracket without binding so i replaced it with the hd trackbar and all was good

Last edited:
Back