• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Use old leafpack to make AAL?

Hmmm, I used the Rock Lizzard recipe, used two leafs per side, got 2" in the back. The front was good for an inch, The stock isolators seem to just bulge out. I'm considering an aftermarket isolator.

The ride is greatly improved since the tired stock springs have been bolstered with newer leafs. I may have spent around $100. I'll see about getting pics if you want.

Edit: I put '99 leafs on an '87 spring pack. All the leafs appear to be the same thickness, I can verify this if you like.

Last edited:
I got 4 inches out of S10 packs for my DD.

xjliftnew003va1.jpg

Gaius said:
Noo...the 99 springs won't do much except increase spring rate. maybe a tiny bit of lift.
I'm not replacing the entire pack, I'm adding leaves from a spare pack I have.

I'd do the s10 pack but I already have these laying around.

If the old springs were sagging bad then no. If you add a leaf to them the new leaf with it's full arc will then carry much of the load. The old flat springs can even pull down on the new one. Often this spring will soon sag or fail all together and the new spring will get the blame as being cheap. The new and old springs should have about the same arc for max life and lift expectancy.
(IMO) for best flex. You want as light a spring that will hold up the XJ with as much arc as you can get and/or afford.

Back