• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bad lca bushings?

johnisawesome

NAXJA Forum User
im experiencing death wobble from bumps not speed. i was looking at the lca bushings and saw that the rubber part of the bushings does not mate all the way up to the bracket. the inner sleeve does and the bolts have been tightened all the way up. is this a sign of a bad bushing. its still very tight and the rubber looks fine. any suggestions?

There is a steel sleeve molded in to the rubber bushing, this will not let you smush the axle brackets until it touches the rubber part of the bushing. However, warn UCA and LCA bushing, including the bushings that press into the axle housing for the UCA can cause DW if they are warn.

I just put on a 6.5 inch rusty's lift and have the wobble as well. I replaced the Axle UCA bushings and the new UCAs and LCAs came with new bushings. All the TREs are brand new and tight, and track bar is tight and the tires are brand new and balanced. Not sure what to do here.

Back