• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torsion bar angle ?

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Just put JKS's quickers on last week and headed to NJ for the week, set the sway bar angle at about 20 deg, bad shimmy and no 13/16" wrench handy to back the jam nut off to readjust so I could not do it till I got home. Readjusted them today and decreased the angle to about 15 deg, shimmy *almost* went away so I am going to drop it to 10 deg and see what happens. Shimmy only happens above 60, other wise smooth as silk.
Question is, what does the sway bar angle have to do with normal driving ? I can see it limiting travel when it starts doing it's job but on a straight interstate, I don't understand....

Last edited:
the sway bar? I am mounting my currie anti-rock straight, flat at ride height:
IMG_0443.jpg

I

Darn, yea sway bar, don't know where torsion bar came from.

Skullvarian said:
the sway bar? I am mounting my currie anti-rock straight, flat at ride height:
IMG_0443.jpg

I

This MAY be technically wrong. the anti-rock arm should be " flat " when the arm is in the middel of its travel.Cycle the suspension , if the dwon link and the sway bar arm ever become parallel to each other it could cause a bind and bend the arm

NRT_Chris said:
...if the down link and the sway bar arm ever become parallel to each other it could cause a bind and bend the arm

I think that would take and AWFUL about of droop...

Robert

Back