• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express Upper Rear Shock Bushings

EMSJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
I have yet to find an answer to my issue, that being the upper rubber bushings on the rear shocks (RE Monotube for the 4.5-5.5" lift) are shot, gone, split in half soon after install. Was wondering if someone knew the size and style to replace them with, or any vendors of poly bushings for shocks.
I was looking at these guys ( http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/sk_bsp1.html ) but I have no idea what to buy as the ones I have are no longer in their factory shape and RE Customer Support has not answered my multiple e-mail inquiries. Any help would be great, even just a link to a vendor who might have some idea what I need.
Thanks.

In my experience with them, RE never answers emails.
But they do answer their phone. 877.367.7824.
Hope that helps.

Dumb answer maybe but aren't shock bushings fairly universal? Take the inside diameter and width and bolt hole size and cross check to Energy's website. You can see inside the metal loop whether or not it will be a bow-tie shape.

I know in the past that's all I did for replacing them on several different shocks.

yeah, this shouldn't be too much of a problem, just wanted to see if anyone had done exactly what I'm going to do, specific parts and vendors, etc. I'm going to call them on Monday and see if they can explain why their bushings suck.

Are you running your's with the bar pins or do you have BPEs in the back?

Mine look like new after 2 years but I have bar pin eliminators and they didn't go through the stress of having the bar pin crammed through the bushing.

John90XJ said:
Are you running your's with the bar pins or do you have BPEs in the back?

Mine look like new after 2 years but I have bar pin eliminators and they didn't go through the stress of having the bar pin crammed through the bushing.

I think cramming the bar pin through them actually fractured them in half....or nearly so, because about 50 miles into it they started squeaking, bad.

Back