• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need suspension decision help!!!

BigFish

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a 8" skyjacker rock ready lift kit used for my 98 cherokee. It had the set up for a dana 44 front axle so I sold the front control arm assembly. I have been looking for a front long arm assembly, (Rusty's, TNT, Rock Krawler, Rubicon Express, etc...). I wonder how the quality of the skyjacker front coils are and if the rear leafs will be flexable enough. I want to run 33X10.50 BFG muds because I don't want to change the gear ratio right now and I've been told that BFG muds are fairly light weight. So I'm sort of confused on the way I should go. I've even thought about selling some of the components and getting possibly some RE coils and springs. Also 3 weeks ago I got rear ended and my jeep was totaled so I bought a 97 XJ country with the up country suspension but it has the NP242 and I can't find a SYE kit for it. Any advice would help. I excellent flex with a decent ride for a daily driver.
Thanks

The only SYE for the 242 is the "hack-n-tap" style. Rubicon Express makes
one.

I have the Rubicon Express 4.5 inch lift kit, running 32" BFG's and it rides
slightly stiffer than stock on hwy. I've been very happy with it both on and
off road. The stiffer on road ride isnt annoying, just barely noticeable.
....for what that's worth....

Back