• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB mount

gijosiahh

NAXJA Forum User
CB antenna mount

i know theres a guy on here that makes cb antenna mounting brackets and sells them, but i can't find him. anyone know his username or of anyone else or anywhere else that makes antenna mounting brackets? thanks.

Last edited:
Disregard.

Last edited:
Send a PM to "macs97XJ" he is a member here that I sold some parts too.
He was telling me about a cool taillight protector with built in CB antenna mount that he makes and sells.

what is the best location and type of antenna for good reception on an XJ?? i'm consiering building a mount for my antenna on my rear bumper and using something along the lines of a 4 or 6' whip. any suggestions?

Well, this has been covered many times here, (beloved search button), but for jump starters, most antenna need a ground plane. Best place is the highest point on the largest metal surface. So. . . one could say that the bumper mounts do not perform as well as a mag mount in the center of your roof. Anyway. . . use the button, it is your friend.

Re: CB antenna mount

gijosiahh said:
i know theres a guy on here that makes cb antenna mounting brackets and sells them, but i can't find him. anyone know his username or of anyone else or anywhere else that makes antenna mounting brackets? thanks.

if your willing to make the trip to manassas theres a place called auto outfitters, theyre great.

Re: CB antenna mount

GettinMuddy said:
if your willing to make the trip to manassas theres a place called auto outfitters, theyre great.

just got mine in the mail today from outlander. haven't had a chance to put in on yet. thanks anyways though. i'll keep them in mind for other stuff i need.

thanks to outlander too.

Mine's mounted on my swing-arm to a clip I welded up. Now I need to run the coax outside and to the antenna. It's always something with my heep.

:sure:

I mounted mine on top in the hole left by the last owner, the Colorado State Government.

terryd said:
what is the best location and type of antenna for good reception on an XJ?? i'm consiering building a mount for my antenna on my rear bumper and using something along the lines of a 4 or 6' whip. any suggestions?

Wilson 1000 permanent mount in the center of the roof.

karstic said:
Wilson 1000 permanent mount in the center of the roof.
Something like that is not applicable in the East where I ride. Vegatation has cleaned off a wilson and 3 mag mounts. Ideally your suggested location is the best.

yeah, foilage and low limbs will kill high mounts here.... what's why i'm thinkin bumper. i like the mount that goes on the tailight pretty good, just a little worried about it snagging limbs and breaking it off and taking my hatch/tailight with it.....

when you open the back, mount it there. theres brackets you can get and will extend about 2 inches out. but mount it on the drivers side, which is what i should have done b/c you have more visibility on that side. and as for it breaking, get a spring between the antenna and the mount piece to get it some flex. i have a 3 foot antenna and it does just fine.

This is how I mounted mine(bad pic) and I get out great and SWR is low. I do ground everything in the Jeep which helps alot and will bring your SWR's down a great deal. It is an Antennex NMO mount that I had to drill thru the roof but I am more into CB than just on the trail. It has a very flexible stinger that lays all the way back when bent over and the base is only about 4" above roofline.

AntenexNMOroofmount002.jpg

Back