• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camera Peoples

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
I know that several of you seem to be camera people or at least have significantly more understanding of camera's than I have and I was curiouse if any of you might be able to help me out with a couple of camera's that I have that I want to sell.

I am curiouse where I should try to sell them (E-bay, little nickle, craigs list, other?) and what they might be worth (ball park ideas).

The first is a old Olympus Pen F 1/2 frame camera with case and two lenses. I believe the first is the standard 35mm lense and the second is a 90mm lense (shows 50-90mm as setting on the lense). I also have a Kako flash for it and the original case and everything it came with. I got the impression from others on e-bay it might be woth several hundred dollars?

The other is an older cheap point and shoot Olympus XA2. with seperate flash. Usually I wouldn't expect it to be worth anything, but apparantly there are people collecting them?

I just figured I would ask you experts and see if you had any thoughts.

Thanks,
Michael

Hmm, I'm not a collectors camera expert, but I have sold some camera stuff on ebay. That would me my initial idea, but don't know if you'll get what it's worth, if it is a collectors camera.

Never used craigslist, but it might be a better place to put something that you don't want to loose to an underbid. Cuz then you can see how the interest is, and haggle with people over the phone, instead of just sitting and hoping that the bidding goes up before it's over.

You gonna be picking up a DSLR after selling? :)

Thanks Adam for the input.

I kind of agree. If I knew what these things were worth I would probably do the craigslist thing. But since I don't really have a good idea I think the e-bay thing might work better with a reasonable reserve to protect against getting nothing for them.

No plan's for other camera's. We have a digital that we use and are still happy with and my oldest has a digital from Paul that she still loves and uses. These are just some of the things I have that I keep meaning to get rid of that I would love to see gone;)

Michael

Search eBay for similar items and watch a couple auctions to see what they go for. Another great resource to check on values would be http://www.keh.com/onlinestore/home.aspx
They are the largest used camera equipment dealer anywhere. If you describe it accurately they will even give you a quote on what they would buy it for. That's obviously going to be a wholesale price but it would give you a ballpark idea on whether or not you have a collectors item or just old cameras. If they have any for sale, their price would usually be close to what you might expect on eBay. Collector stuff is unpredictable cause you've got to find the right person wanting the item you have at the time you have it for sale. There's also Kenmore Camera which buys/sells a lot of used gear. You might call them or check out their website. http://www.kcamera.com/

hysiderafter said:
Search eBay for similar items and watch a couple auctions to see what they go for. Another great resource to check on values would be http://www.keh.com/onlinestore/home.aspx
They are the largest used camera equipment dealer anywhere. If you describe it accurately they will even give you a quote on what they would buy it for. That's obviously going to be a wholesale price but it would give you a ballpark idea on whether or not you have a collectors item or just old cameras. If they have any for sale, their price would usually be close to what you might expect on eBay. Collector stuff is unpredictable cause you've got to find the right person wanting the item you have at the time you have it for sale. There's also Kenmore Camera which buys/sells a lot of used gear. You might call them or check out their website. http://www.kcamera.com/

Nice, sounds like you know what you're doin. Good tips.

Thanks guy's for the input. I will do some research on the above sites and then probably from there sort out where and how to sell them.

Thanks again,
Michael

Back