• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another A/C question

jxj

NAXJA Member # 1559
2001 Limited 4.0L AW4 62,000 miles. A/C not working for over a year, I'm sure there is a leak somewhere. I have the gauges that will measure the high and low pressure lines. Was wondering if this A/C seal kit was good for the system:http://www.amazon.com/Cliplight-CLP...59?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1183057184&sr=1-3

I know the system should be serviced properly at a shop setup for it and I do want to keep A/C but I just want to see if using the seal repair kit will damage the system (long term) or should I recharge it with regular stuff and eventually have it "fixed" properly later. Thanks.

You should be O.K. with a seal replacement kit but the kit you linked to is a leak stopper product. I don't recommend using a leak stopper fluid. It would be best to buy the seals from the dealer or another source and have a shop evacuate and recover the system before replacing the seals. Also have it vaccumed and serviced as soon as possible after replacing the seals to remove any moisture that was present in the atmosphere when the system was opened.

Back