• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SOA Lift - What is it and can it be done to an XJ

TLowery04

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I'm a jeep nooberino, and I dont know alot about lifts, what is a spring over axle lift and is it applicable to an xj?

I was talking with a couple buds, and they told me that it might get as much as 6 inches of lift without using a kit, but it needs to be welded somewhere

anyone care to clarify?

Trent

crasy1_69 said:
SOA refers to the location of the springs where they attach to the axle. It is only applicable to leaf springs. Our XJ's are SOA from the factory in the rear.
Exactly, SOA means Spring Over Axle. SUA means Spring Under Axle. YJs for example are SUA and can be lifted by changing to SOA.

TLowery04 said:
Ok, so I'm a jeep nooberino, and I dont know alot about lifts, what is a spring over axle lift and is it applicable to an xj?
I was talking with a couple buds, and they told me that it might get as much as 6 inches of lift without using a kit, but it needs to be welded somewhere
anyone care to clarify?
Trent

In other words, you already know what SOA mean, so you should have gone to look at your axel to see what kind of set up you have, then you would have seen that you infact have a SOA and that you cant get any more lift by modding your XJ into something you already have.

Its not just jeeps that have axels and springs, its basic auto info.

Look into lift kits if you want lift. you wouldnt be able to just lift the rear of your XJ and expect the front to join in on the fun with no parts being modified.
Search for RE, RC, OME, JKS, TNT, ETC....

Back