• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cragar Soft 8 wheels

yikes

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and I know most people use 4" back space on 15 X 8 wheels. Does any one use the 15 x 8 with 4 3/4" back space. I would think being closer to stock back space and by being an 8" wheel that it would stick out less and not be into the flares. Is this true ?

Kinda trolling for pics too.

How would these be with 33's ?

260-3975812 Soft 8 397 Series Wheel
Finish: Black
Size: 15'' x 8''
Bolt Circle: 5 x 4-1/2''
Rear Spacing: 4''

260-3975812P Soft 8 397 Series Wheel
Finish: Black
Size: 15'' x 8''
Bolt Circle: 5 x 4-1/2''
Rear Spacing: 4-3/4''

IIRC on a stock 15x7 wheel, the BS is 5.25....again, IIRC.

If you wanted to stay with essentially the stock steering geometry, and throw an 8" wheel on there, you'd want to have 4.75" BS.

If you've got stock LCAs...you're going to be rubbing on them. How wide of a 33, 12.5?? If you have aftermarket LCAs, then you'll be in a little better shape. If you have longarms that tuck in, or WJ LCAs, then you should be fine.

I would just go with the 4" BS though...a little more stability, and less to worry about rubbing LCA and the springs and such.

Yeah, They will be 33-12.50. Will they tuck inside or hit the front flares with 31's or 33's. Would any body have any pics of 8" wide with 4" back space with 31's and 33's to show how far they they stick out any if they will tuck in side ?

dave

I'm going to be putting 33/12.5's on mine also, and my BS is 3.75, we'll see how they fit

I had AR767s (same thing) on my XJ, 15x8 with 4.5" BS running 33x12.5s. I got into my fenders a little bit, but I just cut to fit :D It also got into the spring mount in the top of the wheel well, but just rubbed the paint off.

I'd go with 3.75 BS and trim if necessary.

I do have the old 767s for sale if you're interested...

TellicoReadyXJ said:
I had AR767s (same thing) on my XJ, 15x8 with 4.5" BS running 33x12.5s. I got into my fenders a little bit, but I just cut to fit :D It also got into the spring mount in the top of the wheel well, but just rubbed the paint off.

I'd go with 3.75 BS and trim if necessary.

I do have the old 767s for sale if you're interested...
My bad, the rims I have are actually 3 5/16" BS, think I'll have rubbing issues?

yikes said:
Yeah, They will be 33-12.50. Will they tuck inside or hit the front flares with 31's or 33's. Would any body have any pics of 8" wide with 4" back space with 31's and 33's to show how far they they stick out any if they will tuck in side ?

dave

Here is mine with 15x8 Soft 8 with 4"BS and 33x12.50

Michelle4292006047.jpg

I am running cragar d window wheels in 15x7 with 4" of backspacing and with my 30x9.5"s the sit perfect. Granted not the width or tire size your talking about. But they are just perfectly covered by the edge of stock flairs and stuff just fine. Only rub the lca's every so slightly when the wheel is locked.

hay ez how do you clear those tires on the front with the flairs? how much lift?
thanks
Chad

slcpunk74 said:
hay ez how do you clear those tires on the front with the flairs? how much lift?
thanks
Chad

The lift is an RE 5.5 and the pic is abit older as I raised the front fenders about 2" or so since then and it does fine. Still rubs the lca just a hair but that is at full lock at the steering wheel and only a bit of the outer part of the lug hits it so really no problem. Just bumpstop it correctly and you should be fine. The tires sit about 2" past the flares. HTH!

Back