• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

snorkel

95sport

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I found a snorkel for my jeep for pretty cheap and it sayes 87-94 xjs' i have a 95 i was wondering if there was any diffrence bettween the 94 and the 94 4.0?

Thanks alot
95sport

the only difference is that there is a windshield washer bottle inside the fender on the newer style models, but that isn't til 1997. It should fit, i just bought one off ebay that said the same thing and it fit on my 2000.

WVUwheeler said:
the only difference is that there is a windshield washer bottle inside the fender on the newer style models, but that isn't til 1997. It should fit, i just bought one off ebay that said the same thing and it fit on my 2000.

That is not quite right. They started putting in the windshield bottle inside the guard in 95, just like mine. That is also why the years are mentioned as they are. All this means to someone with a early kit for a 95+ is that you need to buy a bottle to fit inside the engine bay.

Gojeep said:
That is not quite right. They started putting in the windshield bottle inside the guard in 95, just like mine. That is also why the years are mentioned as they are. All this means to someone with a early kit for a 95+ is that you need to buy a bottle to fit inside the engine bay.

Where do you buy these bottles?

MYXJ22 said:
Where do you buy these bottles?

The one supplied with the later kit was just a universal one which you can get at any auto parts store. Just need to add another pump to it for the rear window which you can take off the old washer bottle.
I have also used a pre 95 washer bottle as well from the wreckers.

If you just go with an Airflow snorkel, the hose goes strait through the inner fender, and you don't have to worry about removing the resevoir, except for when you are drilling the wholes so you don't drill into it like I did.

Gojeep said:
Not exactly - that may be the case for the overseas or RHD versions, but in the US the washer bottle remained in the back left (as viewed from the front of the XJ) of the engine bay through '96. Apparently I don't have any pics of that, but you get the idea I'm sure.

Yucca-Man said:
Not exactly - that may be the case for the overseas or RHD versions, but in the US the washer bottle remained in the back left (as viewed from the front of the XJ) of the engine bay through '96. Apparently I don't have any pics of that, but you get the idea I'm sure.
Well that would be a first, us get a update before you guys! We are usually 6 months behind. ;) We still had the power/comfort switch in 95 too which I heard you guys lost in 94?

Power/Comfort was a 87-91 feature. By 92 they were hard-wired into 'Power' mode.

I'm curious - what's your VIN, if you don't mind? You can PM it if you don't feel like airing the whole thing. Just curious to see the assembly, options, etc...

Dont know if Aussie VIN numbers can be looked up, but if you find something, let me know.
1J4FJB850SL661659
Not 100% on my 1's and I's or 0's and O's or 5's and S's. ;)

Rule of thumb: 0 (zero) not O (oh)...similarly should be the same for the 1 (one) and l (ell). Thanks. I'll decode in the morning.

Jim

I've heard that apart from getting cleaner air into the engine the snorkels actually improve performance - Is that a significant increase in performance - At this stage I don't intend to cross too many deep creeks .... there's too many crocs out here !!!

Back