• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best place for gearing

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
i live in the seattle area and i was wondering where the best place is to take my jeep to get regeared and about how much it will cost me for parts and labor to get 4.56's installed both front and rear

ECKSJAY said:
1year warranty on your install?

My installs don't fail. (Never had one fail yet)

But if you buy your gears from a reputable manufacturer (Yukon, genuine, dana/spicer) than they give you a good warranty. I think genuine is the best with 5 year warranty.

If I do an install for ya, and it breaks, I'll fix it for free if you buy the parts.

KarlVP said:
I think genuine is the best with 5 year warranty.

They can do that when they produce crap. It costs nothing to make, so why not warranty it? They'll also give you shit when you return it. Some manufacturers won't honor a warranty if it wasn't professionally installed.

You get what you pay for.

ECKSJAY said:
They can do that when they produce crap. It costs nothing to make, so why not warranty it? They'll also give you shit when you return it. Some manufacturers won't honor a warranty if it wasn't professionally installed.

You get what you pay for.

So far, I have never had any problems with yukon. I live right down the road from randy's so I'm there all the time buying stuff from them.

I broke a detroit and Micah just had me bring the old one in and gave me a new one, no questions asked.

FiFo has also gone through a few sets of D30 gears (not my installs) but I know they were done right. (something about him getting cozy with the stupid pedal, oh, and the housing flex from his jeep seeing airtime didn't help things either) Randy's warrantied the first set, and I think he got genuine the second time.

As for the "crap" comment. I know a mechanical engineer that SWEARS by gears made with AMERICAN steel. Yukon uses steel made in india. That being said, I've broken lockers and axleshafts, but never had a R&P set go out on me. All the gears in my rig are yukon.

KarlVP said:
So far, I have never had any problems with yukon. I live right down the road from randy's so I'm there all the time buying stuff from them.

I broke a detroit and Micah just had me bring the old one in and gave me a new one, no questions asked.

FiFo has also gone through a few sets of D30 gears (not my installs) but I know they were done right. (something about him getting cozy with the stupid pedal, oh, and the housing flex from his jeep seeing airtime didn't help things either) Randy's warrantied the first set, and I think he got genuine the second time.

As for the "crap" comment. I know a mechanical engineer that SWEARS by gears made with AMERICAN steel. Yukon uses steel made in india. That being said, I've broken lockers and axleshafts, but never had a R&P set go out on me. All the gears in my rig are yukon.

Yukon makes good stuff. As for engineers, I've learned to take their opinions with a grain of salt. ;)

Back