• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys off-road intake

I think naxja will agree that getting a throttle body spacer is one of the best upgrades for any jeep. Cheap too.

ps.
Search is your friend. Although refining results for throttle body spacer was little difficult... keyword gets a lot of hits. I guess

Last edited:
I have both, and while I did not notice a huge difference in power or responce, it is very noisy. It makes an obnoxious sucking/whistling noise that changes volumes/frequency at different RPM's. At first it was cool but now it is annoying and obnoxious sometimes.

Chris

yea, out here in the PINES we get a lot of deep water...I'll have to pick up that prefilter, kind of like the foam one you spoke of. I may actually just get the "performance package" with the exhaust.

Motorvated said:
yea, out here in the PINES we get a lot of deep water...I'll have to pick up that prefilter, kind of like the foam one you spoke of. I may actually just get the "performance package" with the exhaust.

That is what I bought. I'm happy with it.

I went with the Flowmaster muffler. The throttle response was the biggest thing I saw from the upgrade. The Jeep also felt like to had a little better up a hill at high speed power as well as I did not have to shift the Jeep out of 5th or 4th on hills as much. The power increase is not break neck, but I saw it. I did not see any change at the gas pump like all the companies claim. The air noise is louder and when I shift it will have a soft whistle type sound. It does not bother me.

i had both before i sold mine. the filter and air tube make a nice burly growl. but when you put that tb spacer on, it wistles like crazy. i hated it so much that i took it off and told the guy i sold it to that he could have it for free with the car cuz i couldnt stand it.

ang31-0f-d347h said:
I think naxja will agree that getting a throttle body spacer is one of the best upgrades for any jeep. Cheap too.

ps.
Search is your friend. Although refining results for throttle body spacer was little difficult... keyword gets a lot of hits. I guess

TB Spacers are generally a waste of money, all it does is whistle and look nice, no performance or milage gains. An intake setup is a decent modification, but spacers are lame.

I did not notice any improvement with the throttle body spacer at all. The grooves cut in it to make the air swirl are laughable. They just add restriction. I removed the cone filter because of the risk of ingesting water. Would I buy one again. No.

i got the whole power pack it it worked great. i notice better responce and power. the TB spacer is a big part or the system. i noticed 2 mpg improvment. if u keep your foot out of it.

MrShaft696 said:
TB Spacers are generally a waste of money, all it does is whistle and look nice, no performance or milage gains. An intake setup is a decent modification, but spacers are lame.
There seems to be a lot of people telling me they suck and a lot of people telling me their awesome. I have ordered one... not installed because my jeep cant push itself yet lol :p cousin said he got mpg improval on his 01

Back