• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing 8.25 shaft?

redxj90

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know how to remove the drivers side shaft c-clip. It has a Powertrax locker so you can't even see the clip. I ahve decided that the 8.25 is one of the worst rearends made. I hate them. By the way is anyone interested in buying the yukon chromoly shafts and powertrax?

The ring and pinion are trashed so I'm selling just the powertrax and shafts. I'll sell them together for about $275 plus shipping. I just dont like how low the pinion is and how easily it has vibrations.

There are little windows that you've got to get them to come out of. I take it you've got the center pin out, right? Rotate the carrier until the windows are facing downwards, but still towards you a little bit so that you can see what's going on. Then push the shafts in a bit, and that should allow the Cclip to be able to fall out of the hole....if the open part of the C is on top. If now, you'll have to rotate it with a lock pick set or a wire or something. A magnet will help pull it out.

Sometimes they can come right out......but more often than not they're a whore to deal with. Patience, daniel son.

There was a window on the passenger side of the locker but there isn't one on the other side that is where I am having trouble.

Hmm, never done a powertrax in an 8.25...but I think yo may have to remove the one Cclip that you can, then remove all the springs, then slide one of the one side of the thing out, so that you can have room to get to the other Cclip. No-slips are a biatch to work on.

take out the centre pin ..its held in there with a 8mm bolt ...when the centre pin is removed ..push in on the axle ..gives it enough room to slide the clip off ...it will just fall right out ...just pulled my buddies carrier out to weld it ...I think its a good axle ...easy to work on ...easy to change seals and bearings....easy to set your preload when changing gears ...its in between a dana 44 and a dana 35 ....

Back