• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got my SYE today...

EvanH

NAXJA Forum User
A nice little surprise was waiting for me at the door when I got home from work today. My SYE from JO.com came in! Now the fun begins. Before I go all gung-ho putting it on, is there anything I should be looking for while the t-case is apart? Any type of maintanece I should perform?

Thanks!

Evan

One tidbit of advice....

Don't forget to prelube the output shaft with assembly lube before reinstalling it like I did! Now I've gotta pull it all back apart to put some assembly lube on it before I can drive the Jeep :doh:

Ah well, it's no fun until you have to do it twice anyway!!!!:looser:

grab your self some reverse pliers ...and a dental pick ...the pliers will make it super easy to get the ring clips out ....and the dental pick to put the pick up tube back into the pump ...theres a little o-ring on the tube that seals the tube in the pump..put the o-ring inside the pump ..makes it easier ...these are the 2 hardest things to do ...dont pull the front yoke from the t-case ...its just a waste of time ...you can slide the chain off while pulling the shaft out ...grab the shaft and the closest shift fork ..pull it out together ...once the chain has enough slack ...pull it off the front gears(front drive shaft)..then push the shift yoke back in ..remove the shaft and chain together ...dont forget the spring on the shift fork shaft ..and dont forget to clean the magnet and put it back in....

Back