• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 Mazda B4000 4X4

SwissArmyJeep

NAXJA Forum User
So I finally got the wife into her own XJ. I got tired of her taking mine every time she went to pick up the Grandkids. So now the Truck has to go.
Here’s the details.

1998 Mazda B4000 4x4 Cab Plus
4.0l V6 (Ford)
Full Grill Guard
Bed liner
Rear slider window
122K on the ODO
Transmission was rebuilt @ 78K
Top end of motor rebuilt @ 92K
New brakes
This has been a very well maintained truck. All of the mileage is county road driven to and from work 45miles a day. Never been off road (well dirt roads). Nothing wrong with it that I’ve not had fixed other than the fact you can’t put two car seats in it.
Asking $5600

P5230020.jpg

P5230019.jpg

Comment, There didnt want you to feel left out. LOL

Ok, I'll ask a couple honest questions because Ive been looking at getting a truck, mostly at fullsized but the more I look around and the more I evaluate my needs, the more Im liking the smaller trucks. Ive been looking at newer ones (2000-2005) but Im open to an older one if its in good shape.
What tranny is in it, manual or auto?
Why were the tranny and engine rebuilt at such low mileage?
Do you smoke?
How much rust does it have, any body rust or just underneath?
Does it have a receiver hitch?
I know its got the 4.0 and an 8.8 rear but can you give me a quick rundown of what other drivetrain components come on the Ford/Mazda such as, what tranny, t-case and front axle did they come with?
Can you either post or PM me some pics of the interior (seats/carpet).
Its too bad you dont still need an XJ because I'll be selling mine when I get a pickup. Are there any XJ things you may need that we could work in on the deal (ie: front reciever hitch, D44, 4.10 gears, ZJ coils, full length AAL) Im sure Ive got some other stuff Ive forgotten.
Thanks, Ray

Thanks for the intrest Ray. Here are answers to your questions
What tranny is in it, manual or auto?
·Auto
Why were the tranny and engine rebuilt at such low mileage?
·We live in the sticks, and the wife has a long drive @ 0500. At first sign of problems we had it rebuilt. (We have a friend who owns a Transmission repair shop, so we got a good deal) Engine had a leak in the Head gasket, so as long as it was apart, we had them rebuild what was on the bench. (We planned on keeping this another 5-6 years and wanted to be as pro-active as possible. = Cost of buying a used vehicle)
Do you smoke?
·NO, haven’t in almost nine years. Wife won’t allow it in her Truck or in the House.
How much rust does it have, any body rust or just underneath?
·Minimal on underside of the doors, very clean under carriage.
Does it have a receiver hitch?
·Nice Reese I’ll get a Pic.
I know its got the 4.0 and an 8.8 rear but can you give me a quick rundown of what other drivetrain components come on the Ford/Mazda such as, what tranny, t-case and front axle did they come with?
·I’m sorry to say I don’t know what is under it. I’ve not worked on it much myself. We have always taken her vehicle to a mechanic. I’m not a mechanic, and what I know I’ve learned wrenching on my Jeep(s). I'll see what info I can find.
Can you either post or PM me some pics of the interior (seats/carpet).
·I’ll Post some more pics in the next day or so.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I had a 94 Mazda B4000 that I bought new. Actually I traded it for my XJ in 96. Its funny how things change, now Im getting rid of the XJ for another small pickup.
My 94 was trouble free except for the brakes and their only problem was I (and the dealer) couldnt keep them from squeaking almost from the day I drove it off the lot. Other than that, it was a very good vehicle for the couple years I had it.
Its not a big deal about the drivetrain components I was just curious. I never wrenched on my Mazda either.

Back