• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

left turn signal wierding out

redrider2911

NAXJA Forum User
so im guessing that its a simple short but dont know where to start. first my rear driverside blinker doesnt work and ive tried replacing bulbs and still nothing. then about a month later my left signal indicator on my dash comes on when i turn on my lights parking or headlights. then i turn on my signal and the light stays on. at first i thought it was just a dash light out of place but i got out and neither of my left blinkers are working. any ideas? oh the wierd thing is that my friend had the same thing with her dash indicator coming on with the lights and mine didnt start doing it until i hooked up to her xj with a chain to tow her out. immediately mine started doing it too. coincidence?

Mine does the exact same thing, but sometimes everything will function normally and the problem won't come back until a week or two later, then it'll be gone as soon as it appeared. Damn gremlins I say.

Mine would do this on the front left of my 89 XJ. It would even almost act normal when the emergency flasher was on. I wound up replacing the entire socket, (NOT BULB) and its worked perfect ever since. I bought the socket at Advance Auto (where I work). Its not listed by vehicle, but I clipped mine from its wires and took it inside to compare to the ones we sell. It was about $9, I think.

X2. My socket ground was bad in the socket itself, which caused those same symptoms.

Changed the socket, no more problems.

Back