• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap steering angle fix

Mike1331

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered a pair of 6" skyjacker coils and I need to correct the steering angles before they arrive. I don't have much money for the jeep at the moment so I need a cheap route to accompllish this. I'm hoping I can get most of what I need at the pick-n-pull. I'm planning on doing an over-the-knuckle set up, ditch my sway bar tabs at the bottom, get a longer zj pittman arm, buy an RE track bar drop bracket and cut to fit my RE track bar with the heim end. Is there a knuckle and tierod/draglink on another application I can use that will work with the xj or can I use the stock d30 knuckle and tierod/draglink? If I must buy a different tierod/draglink setup is there any suggestions to a cheap alternative.

Thanx,
Mike

Last edited:
The RE trackbar bracket will not fit your current trackbar without some modification, and its really not very good once its modified.

your cheapest steering option will be to call JCR and order up 1 ton steering. There aren't really any junkyard options that handle high angle well, and thier package is cheaper than just buying the parts that make it up.

Mosephus said:
You could get an Over the Knuckle flip kit.

That isnt going to be cheap though. You would have to buy a left hand drive drag link, tie rod, ends, and the inserts. You probably need to have 16" wheels to clear the ends as well.

If your going 6 Inches, there is nothing cheap about it. Simple. Go cheap, walk home.

Be ready, I have two friends using the skyjacker 6" and they are more like 8" coils. They would be very well suited on my one ton dually..stiff!

RyanM said:
If your going 6 Inches, there is nothing cheap about it. Simple. Go cheap, walk home.

Right on. There is nothing "cheap" about going to 6" of lift. If you go cheap with a 6" lift, you best have a tow rig.

Back