• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aussie install???

lamula

NAXJA Forum User
I got well into my install on a d35 when it came to the measurement of the spacer to center shaft they call out a max of .020 inch I,m at .024 and the center gap between cam gears they say max. .170 inch I,m at .182
soooo? What to do now, I can't go back to the old gear set as I had to grind out room to fit in the Aussie. I'vd e-mailed aussie install help but they most likley wont respond until the middle of next week.I may be able to buy thicker thrust washers to go behind the axle gears but I'm not sure if that is possible.
Anyone with a similar experience?? PLEASE clue me in.

post in modified tech you might get more answers, sorry i dont have any more advice than that :dunno:

lamula said:
I got well into my install on a d35 when it came to the measurement of the spacer to center shaft they call out a max of .020 inch I,m at .024 and the center gap between cam gears they say max. .170 inch I,m at .182
soooo? What to do now, I can't go back to the old gear set as I had to grind out room to fit in the Aussie. I'vd e-mailed aussie install help but they most likley wont respond until the middle of next week.I may be able to buy thicker thrust washers to go behind the axle gears but I'm not sure if that is possible.
Anyone with a similar experience?? PLEASE clue me in.

Few questions...c-clips or flanged, and is it trac-lok or open?

lamula said:
It is a C-Clip axle And open carrier

what did you have to gind out to put it in? I just did one on a friends dana 30 on saturday, and there was no grinding to fit it. Just currious to where you had to grind?

well you have to "clearance" the carrier on both sides of the same opening on whichever opening is a better fit..does that make any sense....?
you dont have to grind much less that 1/8 inch so the passanger side cam gear will fit through. but you wind up cutting into the area that the spider gears rest. so to me those gears will never be able to reinstalled.

I have been reading other forums, and you not the only one who has had a problem with a d35 install. I would wait for there call back.

yea the instructions tell you to grind out as much as 2mm as needed but may not be needed every time I just got lucky lol..
Thanks for your input ..

Back