• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

problems with 35's and a 5.5 RE lift

jsjeep98

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys i am thinking about running 35's. i have a 5.5 RE lift and was wondering if any of you that have this same setup could help me out....

1. after you trimmed the rear fenders and put the 35's on, did you find out that you tear the tires up when flexing and then bumpstop it to fix that problem? or was there not really a problem with rubbing in the rear?

2. would I be alright just to coil space another inch and then get longer shackles for the rear?

thanks alot for any help. it will be GREATLY appriciated

-John

I could say that you won't flex enough in the rear to hit a cut fender. Just worry about the front. It would be safe to get 1 inch longer shackles and spacers. :wave:

You have a SYE, right? go for it, but if you trim and bumpstop right its possible with 5.5

Mine has 5.5 inches and 35's...no rubbing, but i did cut the fenders a whole bunch :D I also am using Dakota leafs, so they don't flex quite as much.

You should be fine, if they do rub, add some bumps.

I got a 4.5" rusty's and I can stuff the 32's right into the wheelwell. Are RE springs that much stiffer? I'd think they would flex enough to stuff into the well.

Adding spacers and shackles wont do a thing to stop your tires from bottoming out. You need to add bumpstopping.

Back